Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Author Interview: Kelly Finley



Here is yet another amazing author that I met at the Lust In The Lowcountry conference this year. Let's take a look at her story:


Thank you for joining us. Please tell me a little about yourself.

I write sexy, badass women who take on the alpha, and make him crave every second of it. I'm a Southern gal whose wanderlust took me many places until it called me home. I scored a few degrees and many years of teaching along the way. I'm an expert on the history of powerful, shameless women...so I decided to finally write them into fiction too. 

When I'm not smiling over my laptop writing the next steamy scene or fight sequence, I'm driving my happy husband and grown kids crazy with the next story in my head. 


Could you let us in on what you’re working on now?

A duet that will be out this fall. - AFTER HIM & GET HIM. It's a steamy, romantic suspense story featuring a beautiful vigilante and her tragic hero.


Which of your stories is your favorite?

All of them!


What’s your inspiration?

All the women writers who came before me. Probably Toni Morrison and Virginia Wolfe the most. And Jane Austen. There's too many!


How and when did you begin writing?

I started as a kid. I'm an English major who went down the academic path for a couple of decades before coming back to my own creative fiction.


What is one of your favorite books by another author?

I still love To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee


Have you considered writing in other genres?

Not really. I love romance too much.


What is your writing process? Do you need silence or music?

I listen to music and take long walks with it. Then I need silence while I write.


How long does it usually take you to write a book?

Too long. :> I've got it down to 3 months or so.


Have you ever had the dreaded Writer’s Block?

So far, not yet. 


Do you have pets?

I have plants. I'm allergic to pets unfortunately.


What is your favorite part of writing? Do you have favorite plots?

I really love the whole process, honestly.


Anything new on the horizon?

Yes. Lots. So many books in my head from this world I'm building of women working in security.


Do you have anything that you absolutely need to have in order to write?

I really need to be alone. I can't have other people around me. I sense them too much.


Could you tell me the heat rating of your books out of 5 flames?

6 flames :>


Who is your main source of support for your writing?

My husband is super supportive. He really takes care of me. My friends have been awesome too. And I've made some on bookstagram that are so inspiring now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Article about Signings!

This month I want to share the following article, with a shout out to Jessica Hallet for a well-written piece! It's here: https://shopve...